Aug 7, 2015; Phoenix, AZ, USA; Arizona Diamondbacks starting pitcherChase Anderson
(57) throws the ball during the first inning against the Cincinnati Reds at Chase Field. Mandatory Credit: Matt Kartozian-USA TODAY Sports
After a long 10 game road trip, the Arizona Diamondbacks returned home to Chase Field and won the series against the Cincinnati Reds. Arizona won two of the three against Cincinnati over the weekend.
More from Arizona Diamondbacks
- What Eduardo Escobar’s Contract Means For The Arizona Diamondbacks
- Arizona Diamondbacks Little Known Link to Red Sox-Dodgers World Series
- Arizona Diamondbacks: Brad Ziegler Stays Classy in Twitter Farewell
- Arizona Diamondbacks Officially Bounced From MLB Playoff Contention
- Arizona Diamondbacks: Zack Greinke Still Going Strong at 34
Diamondbacks 2, Reds 0
Game one was a fairly quiet game for both teams. Arizona quickly jumped out to a 1-0 lead in the first inning and that would be all they needed to earn the win. Wellington Castillo added an insurance run with solo home run in the seventh inning.
Chase Anderson returned from the disabled list and pitched a real gem. He threw seven scoreless inning allowing only four hits. This is a great sign for the team as Anderson looked completely different than he did before his DL stint.
Anderson’s final line: 7 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 7 K
Winning Pitcher: Chase Anderson (5-4)
Losing Pitcher: Raisel Iglesias (2-4)