In Week 3, the Arizona State football program will take on San Diego State in California.
The Arizona State football program will take on San Diego State in Week 3 after beginning the season with two consecutive wins. First, the Sun Devils blew the doors off of UTSA (49-7) then followed it up with a massive upset over No. 15 Michigan State. Now, with a brand new No. 23 ranking in tow, Arizona State will try to improve to 3-0 this year.
More from Heat Waved
- Arizona Coyotes: Slumping Strome Shipped to Chicago
- Arizona Cardinals Paid Sam Bradford $6.75 Million Per TD Pass
- Former Arizona Basketball Star Allonzo Trier Remarkably Efficient Lately
- Arizona Coyotes: How Coach Rick Tocchet Sparked His Offense
- Arizona State Basketball Has Two Transfers Ready to Compete
Week 3 Preview:
(odds courtesy of OddsShark)
Who: Arizona State Sun Devils (2-0) at San Diego State Aztecs (1-1)
When: Saturday, September 15th, 10:30 P.M ET
Where: SDCCU Stadium, San Diego, CA
Head to Head: Arizona State has an all-time record of 10-1-1 against San Diego State
National TV: CBS Sports Network
Game Betting Line: Arizona State (-5.5)
Game Over/Under: 48
Key Injuries: Per the San Diego Union-Tribune, Aztecs quarterback Christian Chapman will miss Saturday’s game and potentially half the season. He was injured late in the second quarter of their last game; Ryan Agnew stepped into the role but threw two interceptions in the team’s 28-14 win. Agnew, a junior, will make his first collegiate start against the Sun Devils.
- San Diego State running back Juwan Washington has the fourth-most rushing yards in all of college football through two games.
- Arizona State defensive lineman Darius Slade is tied for No. 3 in sacks through two games.
- Arizona State kicker Brandon Ruiz hasn’t missed a kick all season — 3-for-3 on field goals; 8-for-8 on extra points.
What To Look For:
The Aztecs and Sun Devils are both very good against the run. Luckily, Arizona State can throw it all over the field. SDSU, on the other hand, normally relies heavily on the run. With a first-time starting quarterback, however, they could focus even more on their ground game. It will be interesting to see how Washington, a very talented back, fares against Herm Edward’s revamped defense.