FanSided is holding their fourth Fan of the Year contest. It would be nice for an Arizona sports fan to be the lucky winner!
For the fourth year in a row, FanSided is holding a contest to find the most passionate sports fan in the country. As fans of Arizona sports, it’d sure be nice to have one of our own be honored as the 2018 FanSided Fan of the Year. In 2015, a Buffalo Bills fan won, followed by a San Francisco Giants fan in 2016 and a Minnesota Lynx fan in 2017.
More from Heat Waved
- Arizona Coyotes: Slumping Strome Shipped to Chicago
- Arizona Cardinals Paid Sam Bradford $6.75 Million Per TD Pass
- Former Arizona Basketball Star Allonzo Trier Remarkably Efficient Lately
- Arizona Coyotes: How Coach Rick Tocchet Sparked His Offense
- Arizona State Basketball Has Two Transfers Ready to Compete
Of course, a contest isn’t a contest without some major prizes. True to form, Sports Illustrated and FanSided have teamed up to offer a major grand prize package (below).
Here is what this year’s grand prize winner gets:
- 2 tickets to the Sports Illustrated Sportsperson of the Year event in December
- Roundtrip airfare for you and a guest to the major city hosting the event (think NYC or L.A. still TBA)
- A three-night stay with food and travel vouchers
- A one-year subscription to Fubo.tv
- A $100 gift card to Fantatics
- A $100 gift card to the FanSided Swag Store
Additionally, the five finalists will receive a feature on FanSided, a $100 gift card to Fanatics and FS Swag, and a one-year subscription to Fubo.tv.
It should be noted that the Sports Illustrated Sportsperson of the Year event is normally packed with A-list celebrities and athletes. One former winner even posted a selfie with David Ortiz. That same winner, Dave Edlund, was also interviewed on SI TV and presented with a trophy and his very own bobblehead!
So, if you think YOU have what it takes, follow these steps:
First: Go to the Fan of the Year homepage.
Then: Click Submit Entry and fill out your info.
After That: Convince FanSided you should WIN! You can write something nice (250-word min.) or you can post a video! I imagine a creative, well-produced video will stick out!
Rules and regulations can be found here but most importantly, you need to be 18-years old and a United States resident. No duplicate entries or profane content!
The application window closes at midnight on Wednesday, October 10, 2018.